This is a translation from Japanese to English. See link below to the original source.
Psilotum nudum are epiphytes that grow on a rock and south of the southern Honshu, belonging to the orchid plant gate nudum club moss. Not leaves (which are like bumps), whichdescended from a branch just like a broom. In Japan, a strange figure that was well from that ancient culture. Among them, choose the pattern and the distinctive shape of tree, has been a long time to put a name to watch, has been reported today. Matsuba Ran called something classic garden plants that are treated as such. Reading is still the same. Orchid broom (broom Ran), 竺蘭 (same blinded) was also used as names.
As a coherent literature on this is the year 1836 "notation Matsuba Ran" (husband Nagao sha), and 120 different varieties are listed. At around this time that Matsuba Ran out of books as well. According to them, these grown from that time up and back in 60-70 years, which probably originated from the handling of a classic garden plants probably Meiwa years. Have also been told that there was considerable boom. For example, the story of the year 1831, which conveyed the story and say that the house and land exchange, but secure a fine breed.
Farmers were in and out of the house of the rich were willing to buy a pot of popular varieties of the time "Then in the house" and ask for one to say so, they have grown up in a cage full of it certainly, and listen If this was said to have been planted in the garden of gift from his grandfather somewhere. My husband offered to replace it with house and land, farmers say that consent. My husband has also reportedly gained enormous wealth and shareholder based on it. - Types of garden plants and how to make classic 『more』
Enter the Meiji period and increase the heat comes back the classical garden state of society more stable. Meiji Matsuba Ran for 13 years in Osaka, "Competition Mitate竺蘭" (is that竺蘭Matsuba Ran) out, this was published in 69 varieties. Meiji period like this in other publications, although it is known that there was a reasonably popular number 10 seed, heat and then grow and wane, some former love培家was only to be saved in the. Showa period is somewhat buoyed. Kagami inscription was published in 1935 in the age of about 60 varieties are recorded. That, even this trend ceased once the war began to receive attention again since the beginning of the 1965's. Varieties that existed at that time is about 50 species.
point of watching
Not from the plant leaves and flowers, and color features on the watch is the shape of tree. There are also cases of those features come with the spore sac, contained in the shape of tree.
Because stem Matsuba Ran life for many years, and his dense and will share a large number of branches, so make a good, strong elements of the bonsai.
Form of branches, as seen in the state listed the characteristics of the branches. Rose from the surface normal axis, the repeated dichotomous branching from the middle, like a broom to get each others arms with each other. The height of the tip is almost aligned.
- Bars: round the stem has been smoothly. 突Tsu張Tsu straight look a little unnatural.
- Wrinkle: the individual branches, especially the bending over a nearby base.
- Willow: differences between branches snuggle strong orientation towards the side away and the tip downward angle. 枝垂Re that resemble the shape of tree willows.
- Folding ball (sometimes me): what a swerving with branches in parts of the spore sac.
- Angle (angle): angle, such as deer, are thick and strong.
- Lion: a large angular spread in branches.
- Petrochemicals: What will be the difference between flat as coalescent branches
- 99 (Tsukumo): a great many branches, which will be a collection of fine-tipped branches.
- Torsion (twist): stems and branches that twist.
- Beard: needle-shaped leaves that stand out
- Ganoderma lucidum (bitter gourd): those involving the rounded tip of the branch. Petrochemicals can also be seen.
- Thick woolen cloth: fine wrinkles on the surface of what there is.
- Paper crane: what is almost a right angle turn to the branches.
- Weight 8: the art as described above, shall be repeated. However some of the branches showed growth in addition to which the shape of the stem, indicating once again that art there.
All ordinary shares will be green, there are things of the variegated white and sometimes yellow. Sometimes take on a reddish color to get you ears. While many colors will be such branches, even if you get a spot in the middle, is called in Sanko Matsuba Ran it. Also, things seem clear that the sheer part of the spot a little.
- Kon Tsukumo (Tsukumo gold): Finely divided branches. The budding yellow, reddish yellow spots deep into the branches to grow.
- Brocade Jade (topaz gold): Kon Tsukumo similar to the color of pale yellow spots.
- Plaque Tsukumo Kon (Pu gold Tsukumo): axial, finely divided branches toward the tip, where it will be short-packed. Advanced gradually into a yellow spot.
- Fuji Snow (Huzi Yukino): fine-axis, the shape is straightforward. Into a very white spots. Old varieties.
- Rainbow富岳 (the study of twelve Funaba): axial, thin branches with little細Mi. Plaque is initially white, yellow and red gradually turns purple variety and the change of seasons.
- Easy crystal (pleasure praise): get thin branches, especially in fine-axis. Show through the entire share, gradually take on a reddish.
- Phoenix willow (willow pope): thick solid axis, which hang like a willow branch枝垂Re.
- 竺Ming Feng (Ku biographical better): solid thin axis, strongly adhere to each other to increase branch will wisp.
- Paper cranes (and vine): high growth axis solid thin branches, and here and there petrified, leaving the paper cranes to the branches.
- Ganoderma angle (cold assassin): axial, solid, thick woolen cloth showing. Small branches nearly erect branches, involving the tip.
- Angle Kirin (giraffe scratch): solid and thick, was seen around the petrochemical, is branching out in a few large irregular angles.
- Yae Kirin (giraffe Yae): Kirin horn and out of the bud-like branches a year, its second year, some伸Bi上Gari grow too similar to the shape of tree.
- Fu Lu Shou (oral instruction bag): thick and solid. Almost without branching, to erect a single branch.
- Riyuu Sumi blue (scratch rectification): solid and thick, branching at the base and stem, while bending伸Bi上Garu.
- Classic garden plant types and how 『LIFE』 Chapter Garden / Makoto Aya's Akira Arata Hall (1982)
- Vegetable gardening hobby classic 『Shufunotomosha』 (1975)
- Chapter 3 Comprehensive Guide seed 』classic garden plants Makoto Aya's Akira Arata Hall (1967)